Feb 11, 2014

Vegan Pea Soup


Although we haven't had a strong winter, I'm done with it. I'm done with the grey afternoons, the foggy evenings and the cold fingers in the mornings when I ride my bike. I'm tired of wearing the same coats, gloves and boots every day. Yes, hot chocolates are still great and yes, wintery soups and stews are awesome but; I definitely need a change! Nature slowly starts to show the first spring signs, but I had to bring a little bit of spring into my kitchen. Therefore I made a springish pea soup! It's done in no time, filling, healthy and very delicious! Smooth, sweet and yummy! Here we go:

Here's what you need for 4 serving sizes (adapted from this recipe)
  • 1 clove of garlic (mashed)
  • 1 onion (finely chopped)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 500 gr green peas (fresh or frozen) keep a few for garnish
  • about 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
To garnish:
  • some plain soy yoghurt (or creme fraiche if not vegan)
  • a drizzle of olive oil
  • a few peas

Instructions:
Fry the onion in the olive oil over medium heat until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and fry for another 5 minutes. Add the peas and add 2 cups of the stock. Bring to boil, turn down the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove the soup from the heat, save a few peas to garnish and fill it in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Return the pot and add some more stock if you wish a thinner soup. Season according your taste and serve with the saved peas and some soy yoghurt (or crème fraiche). Enjoy!

15 comments:

  1. Yes!!!! This is gorgeous and I love how simple it is. I'm all about colorful soups right now to brighten the winter season:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's so sweet of you dear Margaret!! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Dear Amy, so true about the lack of winter (same here) and so true about being fed-up with the greys - this pea soup is simply gorgeous and will certainly brighten one´s day - just looking at the fabulous green color, I already feel better! Terrific recipe my dear!
    Liebe Grüße,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! Let's hope spring will arrive soon!! :)
      xox Amy

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm so happy for a spring-ish recipe! Our winter has been so harsh this year, and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. Over a foot of snow on the ground today and another foot is predicted to fall tomorrow night. Your bright green pea soup is such a breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw poor you.. That sounds like a very harsh winter!! I'm so glad you liked my recipe and may it bring a litte spring to you!
      xox Amy

      Delete
  4. Consuelo @ Honey & FigsFebruary 12, 2014 at 9:39 AM

    I need a change too! I'm starting to really really loathe this cloudy winter weather. And the rain too :--(
    What a lovely recipe! I love it's so green and fresh like spring. OOoohhhh I miss spring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Consuelo for your sweet comment! Let's pray spring comes to Europe soon!!

      Delete
  5. I've always wanted to try pea soup! The color is so pretty and I cannot resist this lovely little veggie; and definitely not in soup. Thanks for brightening the winter days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great!! I hope you will like it as much as I did!! Have a great day dear!
      xox Amy

      Delete
  6. The colour of that soup is simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Amy

    Love your interpretation of the recipe and thank you so much for the link back.

    Hein - heinstirred.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I don't know when you changed the layout of your blog but I LOVE IT! Also I love this soup. What photo editing software do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This soup is STUNNING! So bright and spring-like. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you...