Jan 28, 2014

Black Quinoa Pasta with Chickpeas and Tomatoes



I'm not the biggest shopping queen on earth when it comes to shoes or dresses. Of course I love a good shopping tour but after a certain time I get bored and all I wanna do is grab a cup of tea and a whatever-scone :) But, I can never get enough of food shopping! I'm totally addicted to markets, food health stores and big supermarkets where I can wander through the shelves and discover new food... Last time I hit my food health store I saw something I've never seen before: Black quinoa pasta! High in protein, gluten free and absolutely new to me. Of course I had to buy it immediately. I served them with some oven roasted chickpeas and cherry tomatoes. A quick, unusual, delicious and super high in protein vegan meal! Let's go:

Here's what you need for 2 serving sizes:

  • 4-5 ounces black quinoa pasta (or any other pasta)
  • 1 1/2 cups canned chickpeas
  • 2 handful cherry tomatoes
  • 1-2 tbsp olive oil
  • salt
  • pepper

Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 395 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius. Mix the chickpeas and the tomatoes with the olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Roast them in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the chickpeas are golden brown. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according the instruction on the package. When the pasta is done, mix it with the chickpeas and the tomatoes. Sprinkle with some extra olive oil or some Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!



9 comments:

  1. Looks so striking, Amy! And the flavors sound fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food shopping > clothes shopping any day!

    And black quinoa pasta?! Wish I found a bag of that on my grocery adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will find one soon :) Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment dear!

      Delete
  3. Would you believe me if I said I've never heard of black quinoa pasta? I'm a huge fan of chickpeas and combined with the tomatoes and dressing, this sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard about black quinoa pasta either!!! It was totally new to me too :) And I will definitely buy it again, it's super tasty and very healthy too :)

      Delete
  4. Dear Amy, I can certainly relate to the "food shopping addiction" - I cannot get enough of that either - but I have never encountered black quinoa pasta before - goodness, it looks so wonderful and your recipe sounds just fabulous - healthy food at its best, dear friend! I would love to try some, so I will keep my eyes open at the health food store! By the way, we love chickpeas too, what a nice recipe!
    Have a wonderful day, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Andrea! The moment I saw this unusual pasta I just had to buy it immediately :) Maybe you can find the pasta at "Alnatura"... I will definitely buy it again, it's really good!
      xox Amy

      Delete
  5. I'm a big big fan of food shoping as well! Discovering a foreign shop where I've never been before is my favorite feeling ever (oh well, one of them!). Food shopping is definitely cooler than clothes shopping ;--)
    This quinoa pasta sounds wonderful! I wish my local store sold it though.
    What a perfect and delicious dish! <3 x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you...