Dec 2, 2013

Linzer Cookies

 
Happy December lovelies!! Let's talk about cookies: December means excessive cookie time in my kitchen. To start with my cookie marathon, I made my favorite ones: Linzer Cookies! I just love these little buttery shortbread gems filled with different jams... What are your favorite cookies? Here's the recipe for my favorite Linzer cookies:

For the cookie dough (recipe adapted from Betty Bossi)
  • 250 grs butter (soft)
  • 125 grs icing sugar (or normal sugar)
  • 2 tsp vanilla sugar or vanilla essence
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 1 egg white slighty beaten
  • 350 grs all purpose flour
For the filling:
  • 200 grs of your favorite jam (I took cherry, apricot and red berries)

Instructions:
In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; set aside. In a bigger bowl, beat together the butter and sugar (also the vanilla sugar or essence) with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg white and wix well. Add flour mixture and mix only until incorporated. Warp the doughin plastic wrap and refrigerate for minimum one hour or until firm. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. On a floured surface, roll out one part of the dough approximately 1/8 inch (2 mm). Use a round cookie cutter, cut out the cookies. Transfer the cookies with a spatula to a baking sheet lined with parchement paper. Using a smaller cookie cutter (heart, round, star), cut out the centers of half the cookies on the baking sheet (these will be the top cookies). Repeat rolling and cutting with the remaining dough. Combine the scraps, refrigerate again and reroll and cut until no dough is left. Before you bake the cookies, it's best to let them chill outside for 10 minutes. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool on the baking tray for a few minutes, remove from the tray and let cool completely. Spreat about one teasponn of your favorite jam onto the bottom of the cookies and sandwich wich a top cookies. Before serving, dust the cookies with icing sugar and enjoy!




11 comments:

  1. These are so festive Amy! I really like the variety of filling you used, too, the different colors make it so pretty! Cute, easy, delicious - sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! The variety makes the difference :)
      xox Amy

      Delete
  2. Aww I love Linzer cookies too and have always wanted to make them myself. Maybe I'll try out your recipe with Biscoff or Nutella filling ;) Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing!!! I would die for these cookies filled with Nutella or Biscoff!! What an amazing idea Monica! xox Amy

      Delete
  3. Cookie marathon? How awesome does that sound? I'm in ;)
    And aww, these linzer cookies look so beautiful and delicious! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay let's start our cookie marathon!! :) Thanks for your lovely comment dear!
      xox Amy

      Delete
  4. These cookies are absolutely stunning! Just gorgeous and they sound scrumptious too. Pinning! Thanks so much for sharing, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much for your sweet words Allie!
      xox Amy

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous cookies! I remember receiving these from our neighbors during Christmastime when I was little. I didn't realize these were so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that's such a nice story to hear Eva! I hope you will try these and enjoy them!!
      xox Amy

      Delete
  6. Dear Amy, Linzer Cookies rank right up there as some of my very favorite Christmas cookies of all times - what a lovely coincidence seeing them here! Now I would like to nibble on a few of them with my cup of coffee, please!
    Have a fabulous week, my dear!
    Liebe Grüße,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you...