Dec 5, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal


During the week, I'm a to-go-breakfast girl. I prefer a few more minutes in my warm and cozy bed to a decent breakfast. Most days I'm fine with some bananas, toast or some over night oats. But nowadays,  when the mornings are foggy and cold, I started to sacrifice some bedtime for a warm and comforting breakfast. And I loved it! Here is one of my favorite breakfasts: Oatmeal with baked apples, some pomegranate seeds drizzled with maple syrup. So good! It takes you a few minutes but the smell of cinnamon and warm apples will make you forget your cozy bed :) Here we go:

For 2 breakfast lovers:

For the oatmeal:

  • 1 cup steel cut oats (100 grs)
  • 2 cups of almond milk (500 ml)
  • a pinch of salt

For the  apple compote:
  • 2 medium apples 
  • a few tbsp water
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • Plus some pomegranate seeds and maple syrup to garnish. 

Directions:
First, cut (and peel if you want) the apples in fine slices. Cook the apples with the water, the cinnamon and the brown sugar until soft and tender (it takes just a couple of minutes). Set aside and cover with a lid. In a separate saucepan, cook the oatmeal. It should take approximately 10 minutes, stir regularly. 
Serve the oatmeal with the hot apple-cinnamon topping and garnish with some pomegranate seeds and a good portion of maple syrup. Enjoy!!


14 comments:

  1. I was craving apple oatmeal this morning - now I know what to do for tomorrow! Your pomegranate is so pretty! Adding that to the grocery list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny coincident! Hope you will enjoy it dear!! Have a great day!
    xox Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love nice breakfast even it I have to sacrifice some of my time sleeping haha ;) This looks like a perfet winter one. And it's so so pretty too! I can't wait to try it!
    Have a wonderful weekend, Amy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, dear, who would want to stay in bed if served this lovely, comforting breakfast?! Not me - apart from the fact that I happen to be a very early riser, I also love a wonderful breakfast with some feel-good-for-the-rest-of-the-day-appeal - so this looks like a perfect recipe for me. Apples, cinnamon and oats are a match made and heaven and the pomegranate seeds add such a fresh touch!
    Wonderful recipe - Have a fabulous weekend, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Andrea for your sweet comment! Hope you give this one a try and enjoy it!!
      Have a wonderful weekend
      xox Amy

      Delete
  5. This sounds like the most fantastic flavor combination ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent oatmeal recipe! Very original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! It's my favorite oatmeal basic recipe, it never fails and you can jazz it up in so many ways :) Thank you for stopping by!
      xox Amy

      Delete
  7. This look amazing. I think even I would spring out of bed for a bowl of this... and I'm the archetypal "just 5 more minutes" kinda girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's great to hear :) Hope you give it a try! Many thanks for your sweet comment!
      xox Amy

      Delete
  8. Dear Amy, I cooked the oatmeal and it tasted absolutely FANTASTIC!! Even my boyfriend liked it very much, when normally all he can eat in the morning is a bit of natural yoghurt or just some orange juice :-D

    Thank you so much, your blog is a real inspiration for me cooking and trying new things!
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Manuela

    Thank you so much for your utterly sweet comment! You totally made my day :) What a great compliment to hear that your boyfriend liked it!
    Again, thank you very much
    xox Amy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you...